Pisa: been there, done that, got the pictures
YES!! Been there, done that and got the pictures!! Last Saturday I went to Pisa. Got my busticket and went into town. Got out at the Pizza dei Miracoli, which is the piazza of the leaning tower, the kathedral and the battistero. It was absolutely amazing, really beautiful! The three buildings are all of white marmer (i think it's marmer) and it's just amazing. The cathedrale is the best, it's really big and on the outside the walls and the doors are covered with pictures. The inside is even better!! I've made a lot of pictures that Jaimy will hopefully put on the site soon (he's still enjoying his vacation in the USA), so you can see how nice it is. The tower itself is also amazing: it's actually leaning :D
You can climb it as well, but i haven't done that yet, cause i was alone, not much fun that way..and a friend also advised me not to climb it, cause if it should fall down you do want someone to say some last words to hey!!
After the Piazza dei Miracoli I wanted to go further into town, but as geography has always been a weak point and me reading a map is even worse, i just started walking, hoping to eventually find the way! So I walked around like a real tourist, constantly checking my map and the street names, but didn't do much good though! But in the end, it was quite a miracle, I actually found a street that was also on my map!! So from that point on I could actually walk around with a purpose, like the Piazza dei Cavalieri and the Santa Maria della Spina. Took some nice pictures of that as well. So in the end it was quite a nice day!
Sunday i first used my wheels: my black bike!I used it to go to the supermarket, which is about 20 minutes from the hotel. I risked my life getting there: you have to on a very busy street, with no cycle path and a lot of cars, it's actually like cycling in England: terrifying!! Didn't see any other cyclists on the road, which probably has a reason. Anyway got to the supermarket okay and bought some children's book so I can study some more Italian!! My Italian is improving, I'm understanding a lot more now but the talking is still very difficult. But I'm lucky that Claire wants to help me study and we spent most of the evening studying. Which is also good fun!
This weekend I'm going to visit Lucca, which is supposed to be even better than Pisa. I'll let you know soon!
Ciao

0 Comments:
Een reactie posten
<< Home